The Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) welcomes applications for admission to the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs in Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology.
Applications for admission are due December 1, 2012* for beginning programs of Autumn 2013. By the time of admission, applicants must have earned a B.Sc. or B.A. from an accredited institution with a major in one of the life sciences. Course work in calculus, physics, and organic chemistry or biochemistry is required.
The letters of recommendation, personal statement, and correspondence with any Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Faculty member may be sent directly to:
Department of Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology
Graduate Program Coordinator
The Ohio State University
300 Aronoff Laboratory
318 W. 12th Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
In addition to the Graduate School requirements, the EEOB Graduate Program requires:
- 40 quarter (32 semester) hours of biology
- 10 quarter ( 8 semester) hours of physics
- 10 quarter ( 8 semester) hours of mathematics including calculus
- 15 quarter (12 semester) hours of chemistry including organic or biochemistry
Graduate Record Examination scores from the general aptitude (verbal, quantitative, and written) tests are required.
An online application form. Paper applications are no longer available. PLEASE NOTE: THIS REQUIRES AN ONLINE PAYMENT OF AN APPLICATION FEE. If you absolutely cannot use the electronic application, please contact Graduate Admissions:
- A complete set of official transcripts. (Transcripts stamped "Issued to Student" will not be accepted by the Office of Admissions.)
- Scores from a recent Graduate Records Examination (GRE).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose and Research Interests.
- A Curriculum Vitae or Resume of no more than 2 pages is required of all applicants who wish to be considered for a Graduate School fellowship (both University and Enrichment). The CV/resume is required in addition to the statement of intent.
Additional Requirement of Admission
All applicants must have an academic faculty advisor before they will be admitted to the Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Program (see Review of Applications).