The Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) welcomes applications for admission to the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs in Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology. All applicants must have an academic faculty advisor before they will be admitted to the Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Program. We suggest you begin making contact with faculty with whom you may have research interest in early Autumn and please contact them several times in order to develop a rapport.
Applications for admission are due November 15, 2020 for programs beginning Autumn semester of the following academic year. By the time of admission, applicants must have earned a B.Sc. or B.A. from an accredited institution with a major in one of the life sciences. Course work in calculus, organic chemistry or biochemistry is required, physics and statistics are also strongly recommended.
The letters of recommendation, personal statement, and correspondence with any Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Faculty member should be uploaded directly to your electronic application. Letters of reference and statements of purpose should reflect on academic strengths as well as character and potential for scientific and community contribution.
Information regarding a variety of programs providing application fee waivers can be found here: http://gpadmissions.osu.edu/apply/waiver.html.
In addition to the Graduate School requirements, the EEOB Graduate Program requires:
- 40 quarter (32 semester) hours of biology
- 10 quarter (8 semester) hours of mathematics including calculus
- 15 quarter (12 semester) hours of chemistry including organic or biochemistry
And the EEOB graduate faculty members strongly recommend the following additional coursework:
- 10 quarter (8 semester) hours of physics
- 10 quarter (8 semester) hours of statistics
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from the general aptitude (verbal, quantitative, and written) tests are not required of our program applicants. TOEFL scores are required of all International Student Applicants. Additional language assessment may be conducted by the university once admitted to The Ohio State University. Scores should be addressed to The Ohio State University using the code 1592.
An online application form. Paper applications are no longer available. PLEASE NOTE: THIS REQUIRES AN ONLINE PAYMENT OF AN APPLICATION FEE. If you absolutely cannot use the electronic application, please contact Graduate Admissions:
- A complete set of official transcripts. (Transcripts printed from a student account or stamped "Issued to Student" will not be accepted by the Office of Admissions; translations as necessary. For more detailed information on submission of official transcripts to The Ohio State University: Official Transcripts July 2016, Revised.)
- Scores from a recent Records Examination (GRE).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose and Research Interests.
- A Curriculum Vitae or Resume of no more than 2 pages is required of all applicants. The CV/resume is required in addition to the statement of intent.
Additional Requirement of Admission
All applicants must have an academic faculty advisor before they will be admitted to the Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology Graduate Program (Explained further under Frequently Asked Questions).
|Potential Advisors||email address||Actively recruiting more than 1||Actively recruiting 1 student||May have 1 spot||Only reviewing exceptional candidates||Not currently recruiting||Potential funding|
|Adams, Rachelle||adams.1970||X||For more information, visit the Adams Lab page|
|Gibbs, E. Lisle||gibbs.128||X|
|Hood, James||hood.211||1 PhD||TA|