Robert A. Klips
Associate Professor Emeritus
372 Morrill Hall
1465 Mt. Vernon Ave.
Areas of Expertise
- prairie restoration ecology
- flowering plant reproductive ecology
- forest bryophyte ecology
- B.S. SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (1975)
- M.A. SUNY College at Buffalo (1990)
- Ph.D. Ohio State University (1995)
- A.A.S. Suffolk County (NY) Community College. Marine Technology (1974)
Flowering plant breeding systems, bryophyte ecology. Current foci are: (1) assessing the effects of population structure and pollinator visitations rates on self and outcross pollination in prairie milkweeds, (2) assessing the importance and prevalence of bryophytes in the early establishment of restored wet prairies. Overall research goals are to better understand the forces influencing plant distribution and plant evolution, and to accomplish environmental enhancement through more effective grassland restoration.